Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Grilled chicken


Seriously I am loosing my mind.....I never can remember if I have posted something or not.....I take the pictures....download them and forget to post right away....then I don't feel like scrolling through my blog looking for them?? Anyway.....this is one of our favorite and standard dishes. I grill a great deal of our meat......usually 3-4 times a week. I made this up years ago and the great thing about it is...it is hard to mess up.

Start with some kind of Italian salad dressing....I don't really have a favorite....the one below is one that I got almost free from coupons...it is fine but the red wine vinegar discolors the meat so it kind of looks pink.I grill about 15 boneless skinless breasts at a time so I use a large gallon or 1 1/2 gallon freezer bag (freezer are heavier) and I use the whole bottle of dressing.

I love Dale's sauce but I also use soy sauce or terriaki sauce here as well....Dales has a really bold flavor so I usually use about 1/2 a cup but if you are using either of the others you will want to use a whole cup.


I love Montreal Steak and Chicken seasoning and I use it a great deal but you can certainly improvise here......red pepper, garlic salt, oregano.......be creative...really!



No I do not measure this...sorry if this make you crazy. Unfortunately unless I am baking...I usually don't follow a recipe. I am guessing at 3-4 tablespoons....Really it is hard to mess this up!
Oh man does this look good!!!! So good...so juicy!! I have been grilling for so long that I do not use a thermometer or cut into the meat. I can pick it up on one end with tongs and tell by the way it wiggles...I know crazy! But true! If you do it long enough you will see what I mean. I serve this the first night with veggies and potatoes and then the second night I cut it up and serve it over salad....YUM!!!!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash