Monday, January 18, 2010

My Grandma

My grandma made the best pound cake when I was growing up. She brought it to every family gathering for as long as I can remember. It was the first thing that I looked for at any holiday. She died 16 years ago and I remember remember sadness the first time that we all got together and the cake wasn't there. Last year Eric's aunt brought a cake in a metal pan like this one and I told her how my grandmother always put her pound cake in a holder just like it. Aunt Jane is very thoughtful and she looked at thrift stores until she found one for me. I LOVE it....every time I see it I think about my grandma. Funny how memories are...its the little things.

I love The Pioneer Woman Cooks, blog....amazing! I will have to post the pictures when we met her. Anyway I saw this recipe for her yummy pound cake and I had to try it. Oh my goodness it was amazing. Of course it has 3...yes....3 sticks of butter! It is so yummy and I was so happy with the way it turned out....it is close but not grandmas. :)



Make sure the you take the time to get your favorite recipes from your relatives. I have many, including the infamous pound cake but there are others that I so not have and I will never get. That makes me sad. I have made sure to get my favorite's from my mama and Eric's mom.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash