Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's the little things!

So many times I see women who are feeling very defeated in their role as mommy. They feel discouraged in their everyday lives, which is a very effective tactic of the enemy. Being a mom is a huge important job, however, that is a subject for another day!

I want to talk about how you can make a HUGE impact in your everyday comings and goings. Think back about someone who impacted your life in a huge way and they don't even know it. Maybe they said something in passing that encouraged you or maybe it was a kind word or deed from a neighbor that they have long since forgotten but you still remember. You have that power to speak kind words and do kind deeds. Share your extra dinner with your elderly neighbor, take a little extra time at the store to ask how the clerk is doing, write your pastor an encouraging note...you get the idea.

This is all fresh on my mind because I was reading a friends blog and I clicked onto one of her friends blog. I found it so interesting. She and her husband sold all that they have and went to South Africa to be missionaries....you know I love that!! Her blog is raw and edgy and I enjoyed reading of their work, I left a simple comment and she emailed me back and told me about how much those comments mean to her. I felt guilty....my comment was not very long and I also felt encouraged...it was such a small thing that had an impact on someones' life....someone that I do not know. I will comment more on her blog....and guess what...someday if our paths never cross here on earth, I will get to meet her in heaven and meet all the sweet African children that came to know Jesus as a result of her willingness to go there. Maybe just maybe the Lord will use me to encourage her in His work in South Africa!!! WOW!!!!! Now that is exciting!!!!!
If you need a place to start making a difference...you can leave a comment for Kristi....http://kristiapplesauce.typepad.com/kristi/

LOVE THOSE BABIES!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, it's true. Emails, comments, prayer...all of it. People, I think get all worked up and overwhelmed by the enormity of it all and so they choose to do nothing because they don't know what to do. But even a little something is gigantic in our lives (I can only speak for me...and sometimes my husband) because we have such little contact with the outside world. So thanks again Michele, you made my day.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash