Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Place for Everything

I know that this may seem so simple....but most of the time it is the simple things that make the most difference!

Make a place for everything. One of the things I use a lot is tin cans that my children decorate and I put them in a small box. Then I use them for pencils, pens, markers, scissors etc. I have two such boxes in my house. I have a small bucket with tape in it.....every variety you can imagine is in the bucket. I have a place for keys and cell phones. You will save yourself time and effort if everyone knows where to find things and where to put them back when they are finished! :)

I loosely organize my kids toys. I went to Walmart and bought 3 plastic containers that fit under my boys bed. There is a separate container for Lego's, cars and GI Joe men. Years ago I had a large toy box that everything was dumped into and I found that my kids were not really playing with most of their things. When I separated the toys and started pulling out a box at a time for them to play with I was amazed at how much more they enjoyed their things.

Simple changes make a real difference! Love those Babies!! Michele

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash