Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simplify

Did I already title one like this?? I must need to do it more!!!

First I want to thank my sweet friend Hollie who took time and told me how to put in a link to other places from my blog! So I will try it now!! You can check out her blog right here.
Let me know if it works!

My life continues to be full..too full so I began to think about more ways that I can simplify. I love to cook and I tend to be an all or nothing kind of gal. I find myself dreading cooking sometimes because of the time issue. I plan everything so I always know what the weeks dinners will be so I can prepare some things during the day and not wait to do it all at 5:00. I also try to think ahead and double up on somethings to save work for later.....grill chicken for one night but make enough to cut up and serve over salad the next night, or make triple amounts of spaghetti sauce or taco meat and freeze it for later.

And still I needed to reexamine! :) I am posting my menu for you to see. I tried to look at the time it takes to make each meal and save meals that take more time for days that I have more time.

Monday....Grilled chicken, salad, baked potato and sliced apples (I would normally bake these but I am simplifying!)

Tuesday..Salad with cold grilled chicken, cold carrots(with Ranch..of course), whole wheat rolls.

Wednesday...Breakfast...Eggs, grits, toast and fresh fruit

Thursday...Tacos, refried beans, chips and salsa

Friday...Flank Steak, corn, green beans, buttered potatoes, steamed mixed veggies, rolls

Saturday...Leftovers

Sunday...crock pot....beef and noodles

Love those babies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i menu plan like this and love the effect it has on my planning and attitude toward cooking! makes a real difference. i only meal plan a week at a time though! i'm not together enough to handle two weeks! :)

rk said...

Great ideas! I really like making several meals out of one meal (double/triple batching) so I can freeze for future use. I also like going to Papa Murphy's when all else fails! :0)

Blessings,
Roxanne

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash