Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ministry part 2

I know I know I said that I would get to part 2 the next day!!! Well then life happened???

Eric put in his notice with his corporate job...they were very supportive...and we were off! I had been working very hard for the months prior to his leaving getting all the business end of things ready. Bank accounts, registering with the state, choosing a board of directors, writing bylaws and the big daddy of them all...getting our 501c3 so that we would be a legitimate non profit organization. This was an all consuming process for me...since we didn't have the resources to pay a lawyer to write it all, I researched and did it myself....that is a blog for another time!!!

I really had an expectation that when Eric quit his job....there would be churches coming out of the wood work to have him speak....they would give a love offering and we would supplement with our retirement money....that did NOT happen!! Oh Eric was busy alright...people and speaking opportunities were coming like crazy but all of them were NON PAYING!! He was speaking at public schools and sporting events sharing his testimony . He was getting calls daily to speak or meet with someone....so we lived on the retirement money. We never wanted to have a big banquet and ask for money but ever so slowly people started hearing about what we were doing and they wanted to get involved. If it hadn't been for our parents and a core group of supporters I don't know how we would have made it!

Here we are 3 years later and Eric still speaks to schools, teams and does lots of mentoring. Our own money ran out last year and I can't tell you how we have made it but we have! The Lord continues to send people our way who want to be involved with our ministry. We have big dreams with the students locally and with mission trips that we want to take....how will we do that?? I don't know but I have to believe that He will provide as he has so many times before.

I will tell you that we are overwhelmed at how others have come along side of us and helped send us into the places that we have been called. I will also tell you that I am often frustrated because there are those of us who are willing to go and many other who are willing to give it ALL up to serve all over the world and the thing that holds us back is a lack of funds. Personally I think this is a sad thing with the resources that we as Americans have been blessed with. God has given so many so much and it is wasted on material things. I am TOTALLY not against having "stuff" but when you look at your bank account it should reflect a giving heart! That is a good blog for later as well!! :)

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash